How to Forward Ports in Your Router for Dead Island: Definitive Edition
Dead Island: Definitive Edition includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
- A game compilation is a collection of smaller games usually from the same manufacturer. Lately game compilations have been composed of older arcade style games released in a single package.
Forward Ports for Dead Island: Definitive Edition
When you are playing Dead Island: Definitive Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Dead Island: Definitive Edition Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Dead Island: Definitive Edition are as follows:
Dead Island: Definitive Edition - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Dead Island: Definitive Edition - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Dead Island: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Dead Island: Definitive Edition simply follow one of these links:
- Dead Island: Definitive Edition - PC
- Dead Island: Definitive Edition - Playstation 4
- Dead Island: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.