The following ports need to be forwarded for a DLink DVC-2000:
DLink DVC-2000 - PC
- TCP: 1720, 15328-15333
- UDP: 15328-15333
Forwarding Ports for a DLink DVC-2000
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a DLink DVC-2000. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a DLink DVC-2000.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your camera's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a DLink DVC-2000
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a DLink DVC-2000 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a DLink DVC-2000:
List of Routers - Customized for DLink DVC-2000
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a DLink DVC-2000.