How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Doom (2016)
Doom (2016) includes the following styles of play.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
Port Forward Doom (2016)
When you are playing Doom (2016) you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Doom (2016)
The specific ports for Doom (2016) are as follows:
Doom (2016) - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Doom (2016) - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Doom (2016) - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Doom (2016) - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Doom (2016) that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.