The following ports need to be forwarded for EA Origin:
EA Origin - PC
- TCP: 1024-1124, 3216, 9960-9969, 18000, 18060, 18120, 27900, 28910, 29900
- UDP: 1024-1124, 18000, 29900
Forward Ports for EA Origin
When you use EA Origin you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to EA Origin.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for EA Origin
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for EA Origin in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for EA Origin:
List of Routers - Customized for EA Origin
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for EA Origin.