The following ports need to be forwarded for an Edimax IC-3030PoE:
Edimax IC-3030PoE - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Set Up a Port Forward for an Edimax IC-3030PoE
When you use an Edimax IC-3030PoE you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to an Edimax IC-3030PoE.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your camera.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for an Edimax IC-3030PoE
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your camera's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for an Edimax IC-3030PoE in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for an Edimax IC-3030PoE:
List of Routers - Customized for Edimax IC-3030PoE
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for an Edimax IC-3030PoE.