Euro Truck Simulator 2 is SCS Software, Excalibur Publishing Limited's Driving/Racing and Simulation game with a release date in 2012.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Driving/racing games put you in the cockpit of a vehicle. The view can be either from inside the cockpit or from a chase camera. Examples include Mario Kart, Dirt, and Forza.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
How to Port Forward Euro Truck Simulator 2
When you are playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Euro Truck Simulator 2 Require
The required incoming ports for Euro Truck Simulator 2 are as follows:
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Euro Truck Simulator 2 yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Euro Truck Simulator 2 simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.