How To Open Ports in Your Router for F1 2012
F1 2012 is Codemasters Racing's Driving/Racing game released in 2012.
F1 2012 is a driving / racing style of game. Most driving / racing games are some sort of competition, and can be on land, sea, air, or outer space. In some racing games the is either 1st person in the cockpit or 3rd person such as a chase cam, while other games allow you to switch freely between the two views. Racing games are considered sports games.
Forward Ports for F1 2012
When you are playing F1 2012 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does F1 2012 Require
The connection ports for F1 2012 are as follows:
F1 2012 - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
F1 2012 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
F1 2012 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and F1 2012 simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.