The ports that need to be forwarded for a Foscam FI8089 are listed here:
Foscam FI8089 - PC
- TCP: 80
Set Up a Port Forward for a Foscam FI8089
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Foscam FI8089. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Foscam FI8089.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your camera.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a Foscam FI8089
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Foscam FI8089 in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Foscam FI8089:
List of Routers - Customized for Foscam FI8089
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Foscam FI8089.