The ports that need to be forwarded for Game Center are listed here:
Game Center - Default
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 3478-3497, 4398, 16384-16387, 16393-16472
Forward Ports for Game Center
When you use Game Center you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Game Center.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Game Center
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Game Center in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Game Center:
List of Routers - Customized for Game Center
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Game Center.