This Genexis DRG716 router utilizes a firewall. The firewall protects the home network from unwanted Internet access. A firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing Internet activity unless it has been authorized. Some online games and programs run much smoother if additional connections are opened. To open additional connections you need to create a port forward. This forwards the named connection through the firewall to a specific device on your network.
In this guide we will show you exactly how to port forward on the Genexis DRG716 router. These steps include:
- How to setup a static IP address on the exact device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Genexis DRG716 router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- Exactly what information to enter in your router to get the ports forwarded you want.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Recommended: Write this static IP address down, you need to enter it later in the port forwarding process.
This step shows you how to LOGIN to the Genexis DRG716 router.
Your router uses a web interface to make router settings. In order to use a web interface you need to open a web browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox. It should not matter which browser you decide to use, I recommend picking one that you are familiar with.
Once you have opened the web browser, find the address bar. The address bar should be at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Genexis DRG716 IP Address is: 192.168.1.254
After entering the router's IP address in the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. If the correct IP address was used, you should see the following image:'
If you don't see an image similar to the one above, you need to find out what the IP address was changed to. To do this you can use our guide titled How To Find Your Router's IP Address.
You should see a box or page asking for a username and password.
- The Default Genexis DRG716 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Genexis DRG716 Router Password is: password
Here are a few things you can try if you are unable to login to the Genexis DRG716 router:
- I always recommend first trying other common Genexis usernames and passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version you may also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default Genexis Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, then it is very possible you changed the username and password in the past and don't remember what it was changed to. You can either guess or use our Find Password App.
- Finally if you are still stuck, it may be time to consider a factory reset. A reset like this one erases every single setting you have ever changed in the past. I do not recommend a reset unless you have exhausted all your other troubleshooting methods. Learn the basics of resetting a router in this How to Reset a Router guide.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the device. To help you with this we begin on the first page:
First, select the option of Network at the top of the page in the blue bar.
Now select the option under that labeled Port Forward.
Finally, choose the option of Add New Rule in the center section of the page.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Make up a name to put in the Service Name box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
Put the same port number into both the Public Ports and the Local Ports boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the Local IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
Select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding from the Protocol box.
After you are done click the Save New Rule button.
Test Your Ports
After you have finished port forwarding on the Genexis DRG716 router you should test them to see if the forwarded properly. In order to do this I recommend using our Open Port Checker. It is a reliable and totally free to use. Our port checker uses a local application to see if your ports are open. This makes our port checker guaranteed to have accurate results.
If you are still struggling to get your ports forwarded, how about using our Port Forwarding Software. We believe getting your ports forwarded should be easy and with our software it can be. Our port forwarding software will troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix all your port forwarding issues.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides here. We are your online computer source.
Are you more interested in setting up a secure router, tailored to your needs? Check out our site, setuprouter.com.