This Genexis DRG717 router has a firewall. The firewall protects your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections (ports) that have not been authorized. Some online games and programs require additional ports to be opened for optimal performance. In order to allow these ports to be opened you need to create a port forward.
In this guide I will be showing you how to properly open a port or ports on your Genexis DRG717 router. These steps are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you are forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Genexis DRG717 router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- How and what information to enter in your router to create the desired port forward.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it a little later in the port forwarding process.
Time to login to the Genexis DRG717 router. Your router along with most others require a web browser to interact with the router interface. You need to open up a web browser. It normally doesn't matter which one. I recommend choosing one you are the most familiar with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox.
Once you have opened the web browser of choice, find the address bar. The address bar is typically located at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Genexis DRG717 IP Address is: 192.168.1.254
Once you have entered the router's IP address, press the Enter key. If the IP address was correct you should get an authentication page like this:
If you did not get an image similar to the one above asking for a username and/or password you need to find out what the router's IP address has been changed to. To do this follow our guide titled How To Find Your Router's IP Address.
Ultimately you should see a page asking for a username and password.
- The Default Genexis DRG717 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Genexis DRG717 Router Password is: password
I recommend trying the username and password of admin and admin or admin and password.
If the default values for the Genexis DRG717 router did not work, there are a few things you can try:
- I first recommend trying other default Genexis usernames and passwords. A slightly different firmware version may also have a different username and/or password. Here is our list of the Default Genexis Router Passwords.
- If the above option did not help then it is likely you or someone else has changed the router's username and/or password. You can either try and guess what the name was changed to or use our Find Router Password App. Our app does the guessing for you, making owning a router much easier.
- If you are still unable to access your router interface you may need to consider a factory reset. A reset like this one erases all previously changed settings (including the username and password). The problem with a reset is that you have to completely reconfigure your router afterwards. I do not recommend a reset unless you have exhausted all your other troubleshooting options.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the Genexis DRG717 router. To help you with this step we begin on the System Information page of the router:
First, click the option of Network in blue at the top of the page.
Then choose the option under that titled Port Forward.
You should now see a page like the one above. Click the option labeled Add New Rule.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
You need to name this entry in the Service Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
Enter the port to forward into both the Public Ports and the Local Ports boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Local IP Address box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
Click the Save New Rule button when you are done.
Test Your Ports
After you have finished port forwarding on the Genexis DRG717 router you should test them to see if the forwarded properly. In order to do this I recommend using our Open Port Checker. It is a reliable and totally free to use. Our port checker uses a local application to see if your ports are open. This makes our port checker guaranteed to have accurate results.
If you are still struggling to get your ports forwarded on the Genexis DRG717, how about using our Port Forwarding Software. We believe getting your ports forwarded should be easy and with our software it can be. Our port forwarding software will troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix all your port forwarding issues.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides here. We are your online computer source.
Are you more interested in setting up a secure router, tailored to your needs? Check out our site, setuprouter.com.