Ports Required for Far Cry 3
The specific ports for Far Cry 3 are as follows:
Far Cry 3 - PC
- TCP: 13000, 13005, 13200
- UDP: 9000, 10009
Far Cry 3 - Steam
- TCP: 13000, 13005, 13200, 27015, 27036
- UDP: 9000, 10009, 27015, 27031-27036
Far Cry 3 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Far Cry 3 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 9000, 21800-21845
Far Cry 3 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Far Cry 3 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 9000, 21800-21845
We have guides that are custom tailored for Far Cry 3 that will show you the incoming ports.
- Far Cry 3 - PC
- Far Cry 3 - Steam
- Far Cry 3 - Xbox 360
- Far Cry 3 - Playstation 3
- Far Cry 3 - Xbox One
- Far Cry 3 - Playstation 4
Far Cry 3 offers the following styles of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
Port Forward Far Cry 3
When you are playing Far Cry 3 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.