How To Port Forward Killing Floor 2
Killing Floor 2 has the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
Forward Ports for Killing Floor 2
When you are playing Killing Floor 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Killing Floor 2
The connection ports for Killing Floor 2 are as follows:
Killing Floor 2 - PC
- TCP: 8080
- UDP: 7777,20560,27015
Killing Floor 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Killing Floor 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Killing Floor 2 - Steam
- TCP: 8080,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,7777,20560,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Killing Floor 2 simply follow one of these links:
- Killing Floor 2 - PC
- Killing Floor 2 - Playstation 4
- Killing Floor 2 - Xbox One
- Killing Floor 2 - Steam
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.