Easiest Way to Get an Open Port on the HooToo HT-ND006 Router
Your HooToo HT-ND006 router has a basic firewall that blocks connections from the Internet that are unwanted. However what do you do when you want one of these connections opened? This process of unblocking an Internet connection is called a port forward because you are forwarding a port through the firewall to a device on your local network.
In this guide we will be walking you through each of the following steps:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you want these ports to be forwarded to.
- How to login to the HooToo HT-ND006 router.
- How to find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Finally, how to create a port forward entry
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
In this step we will be showing you how to login to the HooToo HT-ND006 router. In order to login to the router you need to open up a web browser because your router uses a web interface. To do this just pick your favorite browser. It should not matter which browser you decide to use but the manual specifically mentions Internet Explorer and Firefox.
After opening the browser of your choice, find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like this:
After finding the address bar in your web browser, simply replace what is in this browser with the IP address of the HooToo HT-ND006 router. Remember the router's IP address is also sometimes called the Default Gateway.
If you have changed the router's IP address in the past and don't remember what you changed it to, you need to follow the instructions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
By default the HooToo HT-ND006 router has a IP address of: 10.10.10.252
After typing that into the address bar just click the Enter key on your keyboard. You will get a page like this:
On this page you need to enter the router's authentication password.
By default the HooToo HT-ND006 router has a password of: admin
Enter the password into the password box and press the blue Sign in button.
This is the most common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- First, it is important to try other HooToo passwords. Having a slightly different firmware version can have a different password. Here is our list of Default HooToo Router Passwords.
- If other default options did not work it is probably because you changed the password in the past and don't remember what you changed it to. If this is the case you can use our Find Password App. This app only works on your home network and will not work over the Internet. Learn more about this on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, if that did not help it might be time to consider a factory reset. A reset like this one erases all personal data. Please don't resort to a factory reset until you have exhausted other troubleshooting methods. Learn how to reset a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
In this step we will be showing you how to find the port forwarding section of the router. To do that let's start on the System Status page:
Looking in the blue sidebar click the option of Expert Setting.
Then under that pick the new option of Port Range.
You should end up on this page.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
If you are just forwarding a single port number then you can simply enter that same number into both the Start Port and the End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, usually separated by a hyphen, then you need to enter the lowest number of that range into the Start Port box and then enter highest number into the End Port box.
Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the To IP Address box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
In the Protocol box select the protocol that you want to forward these ports over.
Make sure that the Enable checkbox is checked.
When you are finished, be sure to click the blue Save button.
Test Your Ports
It is always a good idea to check and see if the ports forwarded correctly. We recommend using our Open Port Checker. This is part of our free Network Utilities version. Our port checker uses a local application to listen for the server trying to connect. This way we can confirm that your port is forwarded.
If you have additional questions we recommend taking a look in our forum. The question you have may of already been answered. We also have knowledgeable staff ready to answer any questions you may have regarding port forwarding.
More router specific guides can be found on our setuprouter.com website.