Your Huawei B315s-22 router has a very basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet activity. The firewall works by blocking incoming connections that have not been authorized. Some online games and programs will run much smoother if additional connections are allowed. To do this you need to create what is commonly called a port forward.
In this guide we will show you how to create a port forward on the Huawei B315s-22 router. The steps we will be covering here are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Huawei B315s-22 router interface.
- How to find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- How to setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Another highly recommended way of getting a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP Reservation.
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
With DHCP reservations you can manage your devices from your router. This centralizes the management of your network and helps prevent IP address conflicts. Using this method you do not have to log in to your devices separately.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it in Step 4.
It is now time to login to the Huawei B315s-22 router. To do this we need to open a web browser. It should not matter what web browser you decide to use. Use one you are familiar with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox.
Once you have opened up the web browser, look for the address bar. The address bar is normally at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Huawei B315s-22 IP Address is: 192.168.1.254 After you press the enter key you should see a page like the one here:
If you do not see a page like the one above, you need to see if the router's IP address (computer's default gateway) has been changed. To do that follow the directions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Go ahead and enter the router's login username and password in the spaces provided:
- The Default Huawei B315s-22 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Huawei B315s-22 Router Password is: password
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different Huawei default combinations. Here is our list of all known Default Huawei Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step easier.
- Finally, if you are still stuck after trying both of the above options, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on the How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To help you with this step, we begin on the Home page.
Begin by selecting the option at the top of the page labeled Settings.
Then open up the Security option in the left sidebar.
Finally, pick Virtual Server under that.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the name of the program into the Name box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded is be a good idea.
Enter the same port number to be forwarded into both the WAN Port and the LAN Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the LAN IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
From the Protocol box select the protocol for the ports that you want to forward.
Use the Status dropdown box to choose On.
Click the OK button when you are all done.
When you are finished click the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
Test Your Ports
Are the ports you just forwarded really open? An easy way to find out is use our free Open Port Checker. It uses a local application to see if the ports are open or not. This guarantees our port checkers accuracy.
Check out our other guides. We have a growing list of free gaming, networking, and software guides here at portforward.com.
Our other site setuprouter.com can help you setup a secure home network with your exact router.