Your Huawei Eircom F2000 router has a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking all connections both into and out of your home network that have not been approved. In order to approve a connection through the firewall for a game or other online application you need to create a port forward. A port forward allows the desired connections through the firewall and sends them directly to the device of your choice on the network.
In this guide we will show you exactly how to port forward on the Huawei Eircom F2000. We will show you exactly how to:
- setup a static IP address on the device you are forwarding these ports to.
- login to the Huawei Eircom F2000 router.
- find the port forwarding section of the router.
- create a port forward entry.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Another highly recommended way of getting a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP Reservation.
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
With DHCP reservations you can manage your devices from your router. This centralizes the management of your network and helps prevent IP address conflicts. Using this method you do not have to log in to your devices separately.
Write the Static IP address down so you can use it in Step 4.
It is now time to login to the Huawei Eircom F2000 router. To do this you need to open up a web browser. The browser can be any of the common ones out there. These include Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Edge.
After opening up the web browser of your choice, find the address bar at the top of the page. This should look like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Huawei F2000 IP Address is: 192.168.1.254
Of course if you have changed the router's IP address in the past, you need to enter that number in the address bar instead of the default one. However if you have changed and forgotten your IP address you need to find out what it is. This can be done by following the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Once you have enter the correct IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key and you should be taken to an authentication page like this:
Here you are asked for a username and password. Go ahead and fill these in, then press the grey Log In button to access the router interface.
- The Default Huawei F2000 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Huawei F2000 Router Password is: password
This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things that may help:
- It is always a good idea to try other Huawei username and password combinations. If your router has a slightly different firmware version you may also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default Huawei Router Passwords to try.
- If the default Huawei passwords did not work then there is a very good chance you changed the username and password in the past and just don't remember. I now recommend trying to guess what you changed it to. In order to help you with this we have a Find Password App. It will automate the guessing process. Learn all about it on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Lastly, if you are still unable to access the router's interface, you may need to consider a factory reset. A reset like this one erases all configurations you have made in the past including the username and password. Everything is put back to factory defaults. DO NOT RESET A ROUTER unless you have exhausted all your other troubleshooting options. Learn how to reset a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
In this third step you need to find the port forwarding section of the device. We begin on the Home page of the device.
First, click the Internet option at the top of the page.
Next, click the Forwarding option in the left sidebar.
This takes you to the page you see above. In the next step you will need to click the New port mapping option under Port Mapping. In the center section of the page.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Near the middle of the page click the New Port Mapping link.
Near the bottom of the page click the Add Port Mapping Application link.
Near the bottom of the page click the New link.
Put a name for this forward in the Name box so that you can remember why you set this forward up. The name does not matter so pick something that has meaning to you.
If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left hand External Port and Internal Port boxes. Then enter the highest number of that range into the right hand External Port and Internal Port boxes.
If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into both of the External Port and both of the Internal Port boxes.
From the Protocol box select the protocol for the ports that you want to forward.
Click the Save button when you are done.
Make up a name to put in the Mapping Name box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
Pick the service you created from the Application dropdown box.
In the Internal Host box to choose a device to forward ports to. This box contains a list of device names that are visible on your network.
When you are done click the Save button.
How to Test Your Ports
Now that you have finished, how do you really tell if the ports are forwarded or not? In order to tell if the ports forwarded correctly or not you need to test them. We recommend using our FREE Open Port Checker. Our Port Checker uses a local application to see if the ports opened or not.
- Are you still having trouble getting your ports forwarded? Here at portforward.com we believe port forwarding should be easy, that is why we strongly recommend using our Port Forwarding Software. With our software we will troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix any port forwarding issues you may have.
- Don't forget to check out our large selection of networking, gaming and software guides here.
- Are you looking for guides to help setup your router? Look no further, setuprouter.com is the best source for setting up your home or business router.