Simple Huawei HG533 Router Open Port Guide
This Huawei HG533 has a firewall that helps keep your home network safe from unwanted Internet activity. The firewall does this by blocking incoming and outgoing connections that have not been authorized. Sometimes online games or other applications require additional connections or ports to be opened so you fully enjoy the game. The process of opening these ports is called a port forward.
In this guide we will walk you through each of the following steps in order to get your ports forwarded on the Huawei HG533:
- Step 1: Learn how to create a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- Step 2: Find out how to login to the Huawei HG533 router interface.
- Step 3: How to find the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- Step 4: Find out exactly what information to enter in your router to get the ports forwarded you want.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: I recommend writing this static IP address down. You need to enter the static IP address down in Step 4.
In order to login to the Huawei HG533 router you need to use a web browser. The web browser you choose to open does not matter, I recommend picking one you are familiar with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox.
Open the web browser and find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like the image below:
As you can see in the image above, the address bar has been circled and has 192.168.1.1 in it. All you need to do is replace what is currently in the address bar with the router's IP address. The router's IP address can be called the router's GUI address or the computer's default gateway.
The Huawei HG533 has a default IP address of: 192.168.1.1
After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press the Enter key. If all goes well you will see the following screen:
If you are not shown the above image or one very similar to it, then the router's IP address has been changed. To find out what the new address is, follow the instructions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You should see a box prompting you for a username and password.
- The Default Huawei HG533 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Huawei HG533 Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the Login button to log in to your Huawei HG533 router.
Huawei Usernames and Passwords
If you were unable to access the router with the above passwords, here are a few things you can try:
- Your router could be a slightly different firmware version. Sometimes these have different username and/or passwords. I recommend trying other Huawei usernames and passwords. Here is our list of Default Huawei Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, it is probably because you changed the username and/or password in the past and don't remember what you changed it to. If you can't guess what you changed it to, we recommend trying out our Find Password App. It automates the guessing process for you.
- Finally, if none of the other troubleshooting options worked, you may want to consider a factory reset. A reset like this reverts all previously changed information back to the original factory defaults. I do not recommend a factory reset unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting techniques. To learn the basics of how to reset a router read this guide.
We will now show you exactly how to find the port forwarding section of the Huawei HG533 router. Let's start on the General Summary page:
First, click the option of Advanced in the left sidebar.
A new page should appear. Again click the option of Advanced in the left sidebar.
Now a new set of choices appears below that, pick the option of NAT.
Click the Port Mapping option at the top of the page.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Be sure that there is a dot in the Customization radio button.
Pick an available connection from the Interface dropdown box.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the External Start Port, Internal Port and the External End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the External Start Port, Internal Port box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the External End Port box.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the Internal Host box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
You need to name this entry in the Mapping Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
When you are finished, click the Submit button.
When you are finished, click the Submit button to save your changes.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Huawei HG533 you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Remember if you need a little extra help with the port forwarding process, use our Port Forwarding Software. We do all the hard work for you. Our software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes all your port forwarding problems.
If you are more interested in router guides, check out our other site, setuprouter.com.