The following ports need to be forwarded for a KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 DVR:
KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
Set Up a Port Forward for a KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 DVR
When you use a KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 DVR.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for a KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your DVR into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for KGuard KG-SHA108.V2
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a KGuard KG-SHA108.V2 DVR.