The ports that need to be forwarded for Left 4 Dead 2 Server are listed here:
Left 4 Dead 2 Server - PC
- TCP: 27015
- UDP: 27015
Set Up a Port Forward for Left 4 Dead 2 Server
When you use Left 4 Dead 2 Server you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Left 4 Dead 2 Server.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for Left 4 Dead 2 Server
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Left 4 Dead 2 Server in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Left 4 Dead 2 Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Left 4 Dead 2 Server
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Left 4 Dead 2 Server.