Easiest Way to Forward Ports on the Linksys EA2700 Router
This is the open port guide for the Linksys EA2700 v2. We also have the following related guides:
Pick the guide that most closely matches your router.
Your Linksys EA2700 router protects your home network by limiting incoming connections from the internet. Sometimes it is necessary to unblock some of those connections like when you want to create a direct connection for gaming, use a specific application, or set up a new device on your network. This process is called forwarding or opening a port. In your Linksys EA2700 router you many need to open a port which means assigning a port number or set of port numbers to a specific IP address. This routes the incoming data to the correct device on your network.
The following steps will show you how to open ports on the Linksys EA2700 router:
- Set up a static IP address on the computer or device that you are forwarding ports to.
- Log in to your Linksys EA2700 router.
- In your Linksys EA2700 router, navigate to the Port Range Forwarding section.
- Click on the Security Shield icon, which can be found at the left of the screen.
- Click the Apps and Gaming tab.
- Click the tab labeled Port Range Forwarding.
- Create a Port Range Forwarding entry.
If the process of forwarding ports in your router seems difficult to you, you are not alone! Do not get discouraged. Let us walk you through the steps for opening a port in the Linksys EA2700 router. Just follow along as we lead you through the process of opening a port in your router.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
Set up a static IP address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This is an important step that keeps your ports open even after a reboot, power outage, or other type of device or router disconnect.
Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
→ Download Network Utilities today!
Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Log in to your Linksys EA2700 router. To log in you will need to use a web browser since the Linksys EA2700 uses a web interface to access router configurations.
Open up whichever internet browser that you are comfortable with. If you are not sure which one to use, then go ahead and open Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
To help with confusion, we have simplified this step for you with this link: Login to your EA2700 Router
Once you have opened a web browser, find the address bar which is usually located at the top of the screen. The image below shows an example of this.
Look at the screenshot above and find 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. This is your router's IP address (which is sometimes called the computer's default gateway.)
The Linksys EA2700 router's default IP address is: 192.168.1.1
After typing your router's IP address into the address bar, make sure to click the enter button on your keyboard. You should see a box similar to the one shown below.
Enter the username and password for your Linksys EA2700 router. Note: If you have changed these numbers in the past, you will need to enter in the those values.
- The default Linksys EA2700 Router Username is: blank
- The default Linksys EA2700 Router Password is: admin
Once you have entered your username and password, remember to click the Sign In button to login to your Linksys EA2700 router.
Linksys Usernames and Passwords
If the username and password did not work, go to our Default Linksys Router Passwords page for help.
If, after trying the above list of passwords you still can't log in you may need to consider a reset for your router. Learn how to do that by reading our How to Reset a Router guide. **Note:**After resetting the Linksys EA2700 router your username and password revert back to factory defaults.
After successfully logging in to your Linksys EA2700 router you should see the router's home page on your screen. Find the Port Range Forwarding section of your router.
- Click the Security Shield icon at the left of the screen.
- Click on the tab that says Apps and Gaming.
- Click the tab labeled Port Range Forwarding.
You are now on the Port Range Forwarding page.
Forwarding ports in your router creates a path that allows data to get through your network firewall and it is possible that this could lead to malicious traffic on your network. So make sure that it is really necessary for you to forward a port before actually doing so. However, the risk is very low, so do not let this warning stop you from making this change if you need to.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Click on Add new Port Range Forwarding.
- Create a name for this forward and type it into the Application Name box. Since the name does not have an effect on the functionality of the forward, choose a name that will help you remember why the forward was created.
- To forward a single port, enter the port number into the Start Port and the End Port boxes. To forward a range of ports, enter the lowest number in the range into the Start Port box. Then enter the highest number in the range into the End Port box.
- In the Protocol dropdown box, select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding. Choose Both if your router has that option. Otherwise, select either TCP or UDP as needed. If you need to forward a port for both TCP and UDP and your router does not have the Both option, then you need to create two entries.
- You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to into the Device IP box. It's possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Click Save.
- Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page to apply these changes when you are completely finished.
Test Your Open Ports
Finally, test your network to see if you have forwarded ports in the Linksys EA2700 router correctly. To do this you can use Network Utilities, which includes a free Open Port Checker tool. Open Port Checker is the only online port-checking tool that has Guaranteed Results.
More Guides To Check Out: