When you use a Loftek CXS2200 you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Loftek CXS2200.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your camera's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Loftek CXS2200
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your camera in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Loftek CXS2200 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Loftek CXS2200:
List of Routers - Customized for Loftek CXS2200
Set Up a Port Forward for a Loftek CXS2200
Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a Loftek CXS2200:
Loftek CXS2200 - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Loftek CXS2200.