This Luxul ABR-4500 router has a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking incoming connections that have not been authorized. Some online games and other applications will run much smoother if you open some of these blocked ports. To do this you need to create what is commonly called a port forward.
In this guide I will be showing you how to port forward on the Luxul ABR-4500 router. I will walk you through each of the following four steps:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Luxul ABR-4500 router web interface.
- How to find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- How to setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it in Step 4.
After creating a new static IP address for the device you are forwarding these ports to, you need to login to the router interface. Your Luxul ABR-4500 router uses a web interface meaning you need to login to it using a web browser. It normally doesn't matter which browser you decide to use. Simply pick your favorite web browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.
Once you have opened the web browser of choice, find the address bar. This is at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Luxul ABR-4500 IP Address is: 192.168.0.1
Now that you have entered the router's IP address, just press the Enter key. If everything went right, you should see a page or box like this:
If you don't get a login screen (whether it looks like the screenshot above or not) you probably entered the wrong IP address. Find out what it is by following these directions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Once you get the login screen enter the router's username and password (this is not the WiFi info).
- The Default Luxul ABR-4500 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Luxul ABR-4500 Router Password is: password
Press OK or Login to access the router's interface.
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different Luxul default combinations. Here is our list of all known Default Luxul Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step easier.
- Finally, if you still are stuck after trying both of the above options, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on the How to Reset a Router page.
Now that you are logged in, you need to find the port forwarding page. To help you do this, we begin on the Quick Setup page.
Click the Firewall/Security option in the left sidebar.
You should be taken to the page above, if not, click the option of Port Forwarding in the left sidebar.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Browsing our List of Games
- Check out our our List of Games by Genre
- See our List of all Applications
Make up a name to put in the Application Name box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
Enter the same port number to be forwarded into the WAN Port and the LAN Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the LAN IP box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
After you are done click the Add button.
Don't forget to click the green Add button after each entry.
Then when you are finished, click the green Apply button at the bottom of the page to save all your changes.
Test Your Ports
Are your the ports you just forwarded really open? An easy way to find out is use our free Open Port Checker. It uses a local application to see if the ports are open or not. This guarantees our port checkers accuracy.
Check out our other guides here. We have a growing list of free gaming, networking, and software guides here at portforward.com.
Our other site setuprouter.com can help you setup a secure home network with your exact router.