MechWarrior 4: Vengeance has the following genres of gameplay.
How to Port Forward MechWarrior 4: Vengeance
When you are playing MechWarrior 4: Vengeance you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does MechWarrior 4: Vengeance Require
The exact ports for MechWarrior 4: Vengeance are as follows:
MechWarrior 4: Vengeance - PC
- TCP: 2300-2400, 47624, 27999, 28800-28809
- UDP: 2300-2400, 27999, 28800-28809
We have guides that are custom tailored for MechWarrior 4: Vengeance that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.