The following ports need to be forwarded for mIRC Auth-IdentD:
mIRC Auth-IdentD - PC
- TCP: 113
- UDP: 113
Forward Ports for mIRC Auth-IdentD
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use mIRC Auth-IdentD. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to mIRC Auth-IdentD.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for mIRC Auth-IdentD
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for mIRC Auth-IdentD in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for mIRC Auth-IdentD:
List of Routers - Customized for mIRC Auth-IdentD
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for mIRC Auth-IdentD.