Need for Speed: The Run is Electronic Arts's Driving/Racing game released in 2011.
Need for Speed: The Run is a driving / racing style of game. Most driving / racing games are some sort of competition, and can be on land, sea, air, or outer space. In some racing games the is either 1st person in the cockpit or 3rd person such as a chase cam, while other games allow you to switch freely between the two views. Racing games are considered sports games.
How to Port Forward Need for Speed: The Run
When you are playing Need for Speed: The Run you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Need for Speed: The Run
The required incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Need for Speed: The Run are as follows:
Need for Speed: The Run - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074, 16260-16263, 16270-16273
- UDP: 3074, 23600-23800, 33600-33800
Need for Speed: The Run - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223, 11090-11093, 11100-11103
- UDP: 5223, 3478-3479, 3658, 23600-23800, 33600-33800
Need for Speed: The Run - PC
- TCP: 11050-11053, 11060-11063
- UDP: 23600-23800, 33600-33800
We have guides that are custom tailored for Need for Speed: The Run that will show you the exact ports.
- Need for Speed: The Run - Xbox 360
- Need for Speed: The Run - Playstation 3
- Need for Speed: The Run - PC
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.