The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-459U-RP+ NAS are:
QNAP TS-459U-RP+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Set Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-459U-RP+ NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-459U-RP+ NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a QNAP TS-459U-RP+ NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-459U-RP+ NAS
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-459U-RP+ NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-459U-RP+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-459U-RP+
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-459U-RP+ NAS.