The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QSee QR40198 DVR are:
QSee QR40198 - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
Forward Ports for a QSee QR40198 DVR
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QSee QR40198 DVR. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a QSee QR40198 DVR.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for a QSee QR40198 DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your DVR's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QSee QR40198 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QR40198 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QR40198
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QSee QR40198 DVR.