The following ports need to be forwarded for a Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR DVR:
Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR - PC
- TCP: 80, 1518
- UDP: 4096-4224
Set Up a Port Forward for a Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR DVR
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR DVR. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your DVR into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR DVR in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Quadrox WebCCTV NDVR DVR.