Open Ports on Your Router for Railway Empire
Railway Empire offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- Games tagged management are usually either player management like in a sports game or resource management like in StarCraft.
Port Forward Railway Empire
When you are playing Railway Empire you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Railway Empire
The connection ports for Railway Empire are as follows:
Railway Empire - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Railway Empire yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Railway Empire - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Railway Empire - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Railway Empire - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Railway Empire - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Railway Empire simply follow one of these links:
- Railway Empire - Playstation 4
- Railway Empire - Xbox One
- Railway Empire - Steam
- Railway Empire - Switch
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.