Red Dead Online is an Action, Adventure, and Shooter game published by Rockstar Games released in 2018.
Red Dead Online offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Red Dead Online
When you are playing Red Dead Online you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Red Dead Online
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Red Dead Online are as follows:
Red Dead Online - Playstation 4
- TCP: 465, 983, 1935, 3478-3480, 10070-10080, 30211-30217
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 6672, 61455-61458
Red Dead Online - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074, 30211-30217
- UDP: 88, 500, 3047, 3074, 3544, 4500, 6672, 61455-61458
Red Dead Online - PC
- TCP: 30211-30217
- UDP: 6672, 61455-61458
Red Dead Online - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037, 30211-30217
- UDP: 4380, 6672, 27000-27031, 27036, 61455-61458
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Red Dead Online simply follow one of these links:
- Red Dead Online - Playstation 4
- Red Dead Online - Xbox One
- Red Dead Online - PC
- Red Dead Online - Steam
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.