Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Red Dead Online
Red Dead Online includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
Port Forward Red Dead Online
When you are playing Red Dead Online you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Red Dead Online Require
The necessary ports for Red Dead Online are as follows:
Red Dead Online - Playstation 4
- TCP: 465,983,1935,3478-3480,10070-10080,30211-30217
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,6672,61455-61458
Red Dead Online - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,30211-30217
- UDP: 88,500,3047,3074,3544,4500,6672,61455-61458
Red Dead Online - PC
- TCP: 30211-30217
- UDP: 6672,61455-61458
Red Dead Online - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037,30211-30217
- UDP: 4380,6672,27000-27031,27036,61455-61458
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Red Dead Online simply follow one of these links:
- Red Dead Online - Playstation 4
- Red Dead Online - Xbox One
- Red Dead Online - PC
- Red Dead Online - Steam
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.