Did you know your Riger TM DB120WL router has a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet activity. The firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that have not had a rule created for them. Some rules have been created by default so you can use the Internet, however some online games and other applications run much smoother if you make additional rules. To make additional rules you need to create what is called a port forward. A port forward allows the connection named in the rule through the firewall to a specific device on your home network.
In this guide I will show you how to create a port forward rule for the Riger TM DB120WL router. I will show you how to:
- Setup a static IP address on the exact device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- Login to the Riger TM DB120WL router interface.
- Find the port forwarding section of the router.
- Enter the information in your router to create a port forwarding rule.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it in the final step of this guide.
Time to login to the Riger TM DB120WL router. To do this you need to use a web browser because this router along with most others use a web interface in order to make router changes.
It normally doesn't matter which web browser you decide to use, I recommend picking the one you normally use when browsing the web such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
After picking the web browser, open it up and find the address bar. This is typically at the top of the page. I have circled it for you in the image below:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Riger TM DB120WL IP address is: 192.168.1.1
Of course, if you have changed the router's IP address, enter that address instead then press the Enter key. If the correct IP address was entered in the address bar you will see a login page similar to this:
If you don't see the login screen like the one above, you likely changed the router's IP address in the past. To figure out what the new IP address is, follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You should see a space for a Login and Password. Enter the router's username and password here.
- The Default Riger DB120WL Router Username is: admin
- The Default Riger DB120WL Router Password is: password
If you have changed the router's username and password for security reasons, make sure you enter those values instead. Once you have entered the username and password, click the Login button to gain access to the Riger TM DB120WL router web interface.
Unable to Login?
There are several different reasons that you could be unable to login to the Riger TM DB120WL router. Here are a few troubleshooting ideas to try:
- If you have a slightly different firmware version you could also have a different username and password. I recommend trying other Riger usernames and passwords. Here is our list of Default Riger Router Passwords.
- If you still can't login after trying other default possibilities, it is very likely that you changed the username and password in the past. If you can't guess what you changed it to, use our Find Password App. Learn more about it on this page.
- If you are really and truly stuck you may need to consider a factory reset. A reset like this erases all changed settings in the router interface. A reconfiguration of the router is needed. Do not reset this router unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting options. A basic description of how to reset a router can be found here.
Now that you have logged into the router, it is time to find the port forwarding section of the device. To help you with this we begin on the Device Info page:
First, click the option at the top of the page labeled Advanced Setup.
Below that choose the link titled NAT.
Now choose the option in the center section of the page labeled Virtual Server.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Browsing our List of Games
- Check out our our List of Games by Genre
- See our List of all Applications
From the Rule Index dropdown box select an available line number.
Enter the name of the program into the Application box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded is be a good idea.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
If you are just forwarding a single port number then you can simply enter that same number into both the Start Port Number and the End Port Number boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, usually separated by a hyphen, then you need to enter the lowest number of that range into the Start Port Number box and then enter highest number into the End Port Number box.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Local IP Address box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
Did the Ports Open Properly?
After you have finished port forwarding the Riger TM DB120WL router, I highly recommend checking to see if the port forward is working. To do this we recommend using our Open Port Checker. It is part of our free trial of the Network Utilities. Our port checker uses an application on your device to see if the ports are open, guaranteeing an accurate result.
Port forwarding should be easy. If you are having problems with your port forward, use our Port Forwarding Software. Our software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes any port forwarding issues you might be having. Our software makes port forwarding a router easy.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides right here.
Are you interested in securing your router and tailoring it to your specific needs? We can help you do that on our site setuprouter.com.