Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Ring Powered Devices:
Ring Powered Devices - Internet of Things
- TCP: 32768-61000, 8610-61000
- UDP: 53, 67, 137, 8610-61000
Forward Ports for Ring Powered Devices
When you use Ring Powered Devices you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Ring Powered Devices.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your device.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Ring Powered Devices
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your device in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Ring Powered Devices in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Ring Powered Devices:
List of Routers - Customized for Ring Powered Devices
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Ring Powered Devices.