The following ports need to be forwarded for a Samsung SMO-152QN:
Samsung SMO-152QN - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Samsung SMO-152QN
When you use a Samsung SMO-152QN you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Samsung SMO-152QN.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your camera's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Samsung SMO-152QN
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Samsung SMO-152QN in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Samsung SMO-152QN:
List of Routers - Customized for Samsung SMO-152QN
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Samsung SMO-152QN.