How to Forward Ports in a Securifi Almond Router
This is the open port guide for the Securifi Almond. We also have the following related guides:
Pick the guide that most closely matches your router.
All Securifi Almond routers have a basic firewall to help protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. This is done by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections (ports) that have not been authorized by the router. Some online games and programs will run much smoother if additional ports are opened. To do this you need to create a port forward to open a specified port for that game or application.
In this guide I will show you exactly how to port forward on the Securifi Almond router. These steps include:
- How to setup a static IP address on the exact device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Securifi Almond router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How to make a port forward on Securifi Almond router.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Remember a port forward will only open ports on a specific device, not the entire network.
TIP: Write this static IP address down, you will need it a little later in the process.
It is now time to login to the Securifi Almond router. To do this you need to open up a web browser because this router uses a web interface to make setting changes. It doesn't normally matter which browser you decide to use. I recommend picking one that is familiar to you such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome.
Open up your web browser and find the address bar. It should look something like this:
As you can see in the image above the address bar has been circled and has 10.10.10.254 in it. Simply replace all of this with the Securifi Almond IP address. Remember the router's IP address can also be called the computer's default gateway or the router's GUI address.
By default the Securifi Almond IP address is: 10.10.10.254
After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press the Enter key. If all goes well you will see the following screen:
You should see a box prompting you for your username and password.
- The Default Securifi Almond Router Username is: admin
- The Default Securifi Almond Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the OK button to login to your Securifi Almond router.
If you find yourself stuck and unable to gain access to the Securifi Almond router access there are a few things you can try:
- First, I always recommend trying other default Securifi passwords. Router manufacturers are always updating the router's firmware so if your username and password did not work, it may have been updated and changed. Here is our list of common Default Securifi Router Passwords.
- If that did not work it is probably because you changed the router's username and password in the past and don't remember what it was changed to. Try guessing a few times, or try our Find Password App. Learn more about it on this page.
- Finally, if nothing else works, it may be time to consider a factory reset for the Securifi Almond router. Do not reset this router unless you have no other options. A reset erases everything you have ever changed in the past. A full reconfiguration of the router will be needed after a factory reset is complete. Learn the basics of resetting a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To do this we begin on the Basic Settings page:
On this page, go to the advanced section and click the Forwarding option in the center section of the page.
You should now be on the page you see above. You will be entering data into the Virtual Server section of this page.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Forwarding a Port Range
In the Port Forwarding dropdown box select Enable.
Make up a name to put in the Application Name box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the IP Address box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left Port Range box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the right Port Range box. If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the left Port Range and the right Port Range boxes.
Select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding from the Protocol box.
Click the Apply button when you are finished.
Forwarding a Single Port
Choose Enable from the Virtual Server dropdown box.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the IP Address box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
Enter the same port number to be forwarded into both the Public Port and the Private Port boxes.
In the Protocol box select the protocol that you want to forward these ports over.
Create a name for this forward and put it in the Comment box. The name is only used as a reminder and has no effect on the port forward.
When you are all done click the Apply button.
When you are finished, click the blue Apply button to save your changes.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Securifi Almond you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides here.
Is your router secure? Is your router using the best encryption available? Find out and learn how to fix it at setuprouter.com.