Shape of the World includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
How to Port Forward Shape of the World
When you are playing Shape of the World you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Shape of the World Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Shape of the World are as follows:
Shape of the World - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Shape of the World - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Shape of the World - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Shape of the World - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Shape of the World simply follow one of these links:
- Shape of the World - PC
- Shape of the World - Playstation 4
- Shape of the World - Switch
- Shape of the World - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.