Open Ports on Your Router for Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Shovel Knight
When you are playing Shovel Knight you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Shovel Knight Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Shovel Knight are as follows:
Shovel Knight - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Shovel Knight yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Shovel Knight - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Shovel Knight - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Shovel Knight - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Shovel Knight - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Shovel Knight that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
- Shovel Knight - Playstation 3
- Shovel Knight - Playstation 4
- Shovel Knight - Switch
- Shovel Knight - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.