Open Ports on Your Router for Shovel Knight
When you play Shovel Knight you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
Forward Ports for Shovel Knight
When you are playing Shovel Knight you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Shovel Knight
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Shovel Knight are as follows:
Shovel Knight - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Shovel Knight yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Shovel Knight - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Shovel Knight - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Shovel Knight - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Shovel Knight - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Shovel Knight - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Shovel Knight that will show you the required incoming ports.
- Shovel Knight - Playstation 3
- Shovel Knight - Playstation 4
- Shovel Knight - Switch
- Shovel Knight - Xbox One
- Shovel Knight - Steam
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.