The following ports need to be forwarded for a Synology DS412+ device:
Synology DS412+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS412+ device
When you use a Synology DS412+ device you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a Synology DS412+ device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a Synology DS412+ device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Synology DS412+ device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS412+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS412+
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Synology DS412+ device.