Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for The Outer Worlds
The Outer Worlds offers the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
Port Forward The Outer Worlds
When you are playing The Outer Worlds you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does The Outer Worlds Require
The required incoming ports for The Outer Worlds are as follows:
The Outer Worlds - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for The Outer Worlds yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
The Outer Worlds - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The Outer Worlds - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
The Outer Worlds - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
The Outer Worlds - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and The Outer Worlds simply follow one of these links:
- The Outer Worlds - Playstation 4
- The Outer Worlds - Steam
- The Outer Worlds - Xbox One
- The Outer Worlds - Switch
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.