How to Port Forward The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
Forward Ports for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
When you are playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are as follows:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt simply follow one of these links:
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.