How to Port Forward The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt offers the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
Forward Ports for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
When you are playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The required incoming ports for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are as follows:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt simply follow one of these links:
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Xbox One
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Playstation 4
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Steam
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Switch
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.