How to Open Ports in a TP-Link TL-WR340G Router
This is the open port guide for the TP-Link TL-WR340G v2. We also have the following related guides:
Pick the guide that most closely matches your router.
Your TP-Link TL-WR340G v2 router has a firewall that helps protect the home network from unwanted Internet access. A firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that are not authorized. In order to authorize additional connections to go through the firewall for an online game or application you need to create what is called a port forward. A port forward sends the named port through the firewall directly to a designated computer on your home network.
A port forward may seem difficult at first, but don't worry we will walk you through each of the steps involved. These steps are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you want to forward these ports to.
- How to login to the TP-Link TL-WR340G v2 router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How to make a port forward entry.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this address down, you need it in Step 4.
It is now time to login to the TP-Link TL-WR340G v2 router. To do this you need to open a web browser such as Google, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox. It typically doesn't matter which browser you decide to use.
Once you have opened the browser, find the address bar at the top of the page. It should look something like this:
Do you see the address bar in the image shown above? We have circled it for you and it has 192.168.1.1 in it.
In this address bar, enter the router's IP address. This can also be referred to as the computer's default gateway or the router's GUI address.
The default TP-Link TL-WR340G v2 address is: 192.168.1.1
Press the Enter key after typing in the TP-Link TL-WR340G v2 router's IP address. This should give you to a Login window like this:
TIP: If the above login page does not appear, you need to find out what the router's IP address has been changed to. To help you with this, follow the instructions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You should see a box prompting you for your username and password.
- The Default TP-Link TL-WR340G Router Username is: admin
- The Default TP-Link TL-WR340G Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the Enter key or the OK button to log in to your TP-Link TL-WR340G v2 router.
If you were unable to login using the above values, here are a few troubleshooting ideas:
- Try other TP-Link username/password combinations. If you have a different firmware version you could easily have a different username and password as well. Here is our list of Default TP-Link Router Passwords.
- If that does not work, it is because the username and password were changed. We recommend taking some time guessing what you may of changed it to. For extra help you can user our Router Password Cracker.
- Finally, if you are still unable to login to the TP-Link TL-WR340G v2 router, you may need to reset the router. Resetting a router is a big step and should not be taken lightly. All your personal changes you have made in the past are erased. If you need to reset your router read this How to Reset a Router page.
In this third step we will be showing you how to navigate to the port forwarding section of the router's interface. Let's start on the Status page:
First, click the Forwarding option in the left sidebar.
Under that, select the option of Virtual Server.
Then click the Add New button in the center of the page.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the port to forward into the Service Port box.
Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the IP Address box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
In the Protocol box select the protocol that you want to forward these ports over.
From the Status dropdown box select Enabled.
Click the Save button when you are finished.
Don't forget to save after each entry is complete.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the TP-Link TL-WR340G v2 you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Don't have time to port forward? You ran into troubles while port forwarding the TP-Link TL-WR340G v2? Use our Port Forward Software. We really think port forwarding should be easy. If you use our software we will troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix all your port forwarding issues. Let us help, we will get your ports forwarded.
Wait there's more. We have more than just port forwarding guides. Check them out here. Try one of our game walkthroughs or learn how to read binary. We are your computer information source.
Interested in learning how to setup a router like a pro? At setuprouter.com we have router specific guides to show you how to setup a secure network, change your radio channel, what encryption to use and much more.