The ports that need to be forwarded for a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN are listed here:
TRENDnet TV-IP512WN - PC
- TCP: 80
Forward Ports for a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN
When you use a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your camera's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN:
List of Routers - Customized for TRENDnet TV-IP512WN
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a TRENDnet TV-IP512WN.