The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Tribler are:
Tribler - PC
- TCP: 7759-7760
- UDP: 7759-7760
Set Up a Port Forward for Tribler
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Tribler. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Tribler.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your download client.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for Tribler
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your download client's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Tribler in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Tribler:
List of Routers - Customized for Tribler
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Tribler.