Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Unreal Tournament 2003
When you play Unreal Tournament 2003 you will experience the following styles of play.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Port Forward Unreal Tournament 2003
When you are playing Unreal Tournament 2003 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Unreal Tournament 2003
The specific incoming ports for Unreal Tournament 2003 are as follows:
Unreal Tournament 2003 - PC
- TCP: 7777-7788,27900,42292
- UDP: 7777-7788,27900,42292
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Unreal Tournament 2003 simply follow one of these links:
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.