The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Vivotek PZ7111 are:
Vivotek PZ7111 - PC
- TCP: 80, 554, 5559, 8080, 9000
- UDP: 80, 554, 5559, 8080, 9000
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Vivotek PZ7111
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Vivotek PZ7111. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Vivotek PZ7111.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your camera.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Vivotek PZ7111
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your camera in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Vivotek PZ7111 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Vivotek PZ7111:
List of Routers - Customized for Vivotek PZ7111
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Vivotek PZ7111.