How to Port Forward in Your Router for War Thunder
War Thunder offers the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. MMO's are huge open worlds where large numbers of people play at the same time. The focus highly on character development and progression, as well as loot collection and grouping together.
- Flight games are similar to car driving games in that you are usually in the cockpit of a plane or helicopter. They can also be from the view of a chase camera. Some flight games are atmospheric and some are space based.
- In a simulation game the primary goal is to simulate a real life situation either for education or entertainment. Simulation games have a huge vareity of types including sports, driving, flying, and dating. Some of the most popular sims of all time are SimCity and Madden NFL.
Forward Ports for War Thunder
When you are playing War Thunder you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for War Thunder
The specific incoming ports for War Thunder are as follows:
War Thunder - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,5222,6881,7800-7802,7850-7854,8090,20443,27022-27042,33333
- UDP: 3074,3478-3480,20010-20500
War Thunder - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,5222,6881,7800-7802,7850-7854,8090,20443,27022-27042,33333
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3478-3480,3544,4500,20010-20500
War Thunder - PC
- TCP: 5222,6881,7800-7802,7850-7854,8090,20443,27022-27042,33333
- UDP: 3478-3480,20010-20500
War Thunder - Steam
- TCP: 5222,6881,7800-7802,7850-7854,8090,20443,27015-27042,33333
- UDP: 3478-3480,4380,20010-20500,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for War Thunder that will show you the ports.
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.