The ports that need to be forwarded for a Zmodo M6509 DVR are listed here:
Zmodo M6509 - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Set Up a Port Forward for a Zmodo M6509 DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Zmodo M6509 DVR. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Zmodo M6509 DVR.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Zmodo M6509 DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Zmodo M6509 DVR in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo M6509 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo M6509
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Zmodo M6509 DVR.