The ports that need to be forwarded for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 DVR are listed here:
Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 - PC
- TCP: 80, 5050, 6050, 7050
- UDP: 80, 5050, 6050, 7050
Forward Ports for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 DVR
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 DVR. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN8 DVR.