All the **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** routers have a basic firewall installed that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. This firewall works by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections unless told differently. Some online gaming or programs need some additional connections (ports) opened for a better experience. To do that you need to create a port forward that forwards the port directly to a specific device on your home network.
In this guide we will be showing you how to create a port forward on the **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router. These steps are:
- Setting up a Static IP address for the exact device you are forwarding these ports to.
- Logging into the **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router.
- Finding the port forwarding section of the router.
- Setting up a port forward entry.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this Static IP address down, you need it a little later in Step 4.
When you logging into the **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router you need to open up a web browser. A web browser includes Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge. We recommend picking one that is familiar to you, it shouldn't matter which browser you decide to use for logging into your ZTE ZXV10 W300 router.
Open up your web browser and find the address bar. It should look something like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default ZTE ZXV10 W300 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1 Once you have entered the correct IP address, click the Enter key and you should see a box or page pop up asking for authentication, similar to this:
If you do not see a box ask for a username and/or password you did not enter the correct IP address. To find out what the correct IP address is, follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You should see a box prompting you for your username and/or password.
- The Default ZTE ZXV10 W300 Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE ZXV10 W300 Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the OK button to login to your ZTE ZXV10 W300 router.
This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- Most likely the username and password are incorrect. If you have a slightly different firmware version then the username and password could be different. Try other ZTE username/password combinations. Here is our list of Default ZTE Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, the password was probably changed in the past for security reasons. This is a good idea and highly recommended when setting up a wireless home network, however problems arise when you forget what you changed it to. Our Router Password Cracker will help you with this. Go ahead and give it a try, it makes owning a router a lot easier.
- Finally if all else fails you may need to consider a factory reset for your **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router. This is not recommended unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting ideas. A factory reset erases all your previous changes. A full reconfiguration is required after a factory reset. To learn more about resetting a router, read this How to Reset a Router page.
Step three is finding the port forwarding section of the router. To do that you need to start on the first page of the device interface.
First, select the Advanced Setup option at the top of the page.
A new menu appears below that. Pick the option of NAT.
Next, click the Virtual Server option in the center section of the page.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Choose an empty rule from the Rule Index dropdown box.
Make up a name to put in the Application box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of the range into the Start Port Number and Start Port Number (Local) boxes. Then enter the highest number of the range into the End Port Number and End Port Number (Local) boxes. If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the Start Port Number, End Port Number, Start Port Number (Local) and End Port Number (Local) boxes.
Enter the IP address to forward these ports to into the Local IP Address box. If you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box.
Click the Save button when you are done.
When you are finished, click the SAVE button to apply these changes to your router.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
After you have finished forwarding ports on the ZTE ZXV10 W300 you should test to see if they forwarded properly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Port forwarding should be easy, that's why we have created the Port Forwarding Software. Our software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes any port forwarding issues you have. Our port forwarding software is the easiest way to get your ports open.
Check out setuprouter.com for more router specific guides. Simply find your router and model number and look at the guides we have written specifically for that router.