Simple ZTE ZXV10 W300 Router Port Forwarding Guide
This is the open port guide for the ZTE ZXV10 W300. We also have the following related guides:
Pick the guide that most closely matches your router.
You probably know that the ZTE ZXV10 W300 router has a basic firewall that helps protect your home network. Do you know how this firewall works? Very basically it works by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that have not been authorized. By default the router has authorized a few so you can surf the web and check your email, but most connections are blocked. Some online games or programs do not work very well if you don't open additional connections through the firewall. This opening of connections is frequently called a port forward because it takes the specified port and sends it directly through the firewall to a specific device on your network.
In this guide we will walk you through every step in the process of getting your ports open on the ZTE ZXV10 W300 router. These steps include:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you want to forward these ports to.
- How to login to the ZTE ZXV10 W300 router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How to make a port forward entry.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Port forwarding does not open the port for your entire network, just one device. So that device needs a static IP address, an address that does not change every time you shut it off.
I highly recommend writing this static IP address down. You will need it again in Step 4.
Now let's login to the ZTE ZXV10 W300 router interface. To do this you need to open a web browser. It normally doesn't matter which browser you decide to use. I recommend picking one you are comfortable with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.
Upon opening the web browser, find the address bar. It will look something like this:
In the picture above I have circled the address bar. It has 192.168.1.1 in it. All you need to do now is type in the router's IP address. The router's IP address can also be called the router's GUI address or the computer's default gateway.
The default IP address for the ZTE ZXV10 W300 router is: 192.168.1.1
After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press enter. If all goes well you will see the following screen:
IMPORTANT: If you are not given an authentication window like the one above, or are told the site cannot be reached the IP address that was entered was incorrect. It is possible you changed the router's IP address and don't remember what it was changed to. In order to find out what the correct IP address is follow the instructions on this page.
You should see a box prompting you for your username and password.
- The Default ZTE ZXV10 W300 Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE ZXV10 W300 Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the Login button to log in to your ZTE ZXV10 W300 router.
ZTE Usernames and Passwords
This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- Most likely the username and password are incorrect. If you have a slightly different firmware version then the username and password could be different. Try other ZTE username/password combinations. Here is our list of Default ZTE Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, the password was probably changed in the past for security reasons. This is a good idea and highly recommended when setting up a wireless home network, however problems arise when you forget what you changed it to. Our Router Password Cracker will help you with this. Go ahead and give it a try, it makes owning a router a lot easier.
- Finally if all else fails you may need to consider a factory reset for your ZTE ZXV10 W300 router. This is not recommended unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting ideas. A factory reset erases all your previous changes. A full reconfiguration is required after a factory reset. To learn more about resetting a router, read this How to Reset a Router page.
You should now be logged into the ZTE ZXV10 W300 router interface and ready to find the port forwarding section of the device. Here is how you do it. We begin on the Welcome page.
At the top of the page click the Advanced option.
Next, click the Port Forwarding link in the left sidebar.
Now, put a dot in the User radio button.
Then click the New button at the bottom of the page under the Available Rules button.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the name of the program into the Rule Name box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded is be a good idea.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
If you are only forwarding a single port number then enter that number into both the Port Start, Port Map and the Port End boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports separated by a hyphen then enter the lowest number of that range into the Port Start, Port Map box and the highest number of that range into the Port End box.
When you are done click the Submit button.
Now, select the applications you just created in the Available Rules list.
Then click the Add button to move them to the Applied Rules box.
When you are finished, click the Save button to apply your changes.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the ZTE ZXV10-W300 you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Port forwarding the ZTE ZXV10 W300 should be easy, that's why we have created the Port Forwarding Software. Our software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes any port forwarding issues you have. Our port forwarding software is the easiest way to get your ports open.
Check out setuprouter.com for more router specific guides. Simply find your router and model number and look at the guides we have written specifically for that router.