This **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router has a basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by actively blocking all incoming and outgoing connections to and from your home network unless otherwise specified. To unblock or open these ports so you can play an online game or other program you need to create a port forward.
We will walk you through every step in the port forward process for the ZTE ZXV10 W300 router. These steps include:
- Setting up a static IP address on the specific device you are forwarding these ports to.
- Login to the **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router.
- Find the port forwarding section.
- Enter the port forwarding information.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
Recommended: Write this new static IP address down. You need it a little later in this guide.
It is now time to login to the **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router. To do this you need to open up a web browser. Pick the browser you are most familiar with. It normally does not matter which browser you decide to use. Some common options include Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Open up your web browser and find the address bar. It should look something like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default ZTE ZXV10 W300 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1 After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press Enter. If all goes well you will see the following screen:
If you do not see the screen above, then you need to find out what the router's IP address was changed to. To do this follow our guide on the topic called How To Find Your Router's IP Address.
You should see a box prompting you for your username and password.
- The Default ZTE ZXV10 W300 Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZTE ZXV10 W300 Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the OK button to login to your ZTE ZXV10 W300 router.
ZTE Usernames and Passwords
This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- Most likely the username and password are incorrect. If you have a slightly different firmware version then the username and password could be different. Try other ZTE username/password combinations. Here is our list of Default ZTE Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, the password was probably changed in the past for security reasons. This is a good idea and highly recommended when setting up a wireless home network, however problems arise when you forget what you changed it to. Our Router Password Cracker will help you with this. Go ahead and give it a try, it makes owning a router a lot easier.
- Finally if all else fails you may need to consider a factory reset for your **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router. This is not recommended unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting ideas. A factory reset erases all your previous changes. A full reconfiguration is required after a factory reset. To learn more about resetting a router, read this How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** router. We begin on the Status page:
First, click the Advanced Setup tab at the top of the page.
This gives you a new menu. Pick then new option of NAT.
Next, click the Virtual Server option in the center section of the page.
You are now on the correct page to create a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Use the Rule Index dropdown box to pick an empty rule.
Create a name for this forward and put it in the Application box. The name is only used as a reminder and has no effect on the port forward.
Select the required protocol for these ports from the Protocol dropdown box.
If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the Start Port Number and Start Port Number (Local) boxes and the highest number of the range into the End Port Number and End Port Number (Local) boxes. If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the Start Port Number, End Port Number, Start Port Number (Local) and End Port Number (Local) boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Local IP Address box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
When you are all done click the Save button.
When you are finished, click the SAVE button to apply these changes to your network.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the **ZTE ZXV10 W300 ** you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Port forwarding should be easy, that's why we have created the Port Forwarding Software. Our software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes any port forwarding issues you have. Our port forwarding software is the easiest way to get your ports open.
Check out setuprouter.com for more router specific guides. Simply find your router and model number and look at the guides we have written specifically for that router.